Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Forget Photo Shop its all about cinemagraphs

Image manipulations are moving so fast these days that is just too amazing and sometimes hard to keep up with. Imagine a day not so far in the distance,you open up a magazine or visit a blog or website and  instead of having still image you'll have a moving picture.Check out these amazing pictures by Canadian model Coco Rocha. All the clothes are by Oscar de la Renta.NEW YORK, NY.Through my new friends at tumblr headquarters I’ve recently come in contact with a very talented young photographer named Jamie. She and her fiance create these beautiful images that are more than a photo, but not quite a video. NOTE *Of course the technology to create GIFs has been around for decades but I believe its potential for both expression and impact within the fashion world has yet to be fully explored. Let me put it this way - film has been around for a century, does that mean that we’ve exhausted the possibilities? I for one am super excited to see how Jamie and others use multimedia within fashion in years to come.It has now been a few weeks since I posted the first of these wonderful collaborations between Jamie Beck and myself, but sadly this is the last.To see more of the images, please go HERE.P.S. This picture was taken in our guest bedroom which is full of our antique curios. If you look over my left shoulder you’ll see an old picture of my husband, James, as a baby with his parents - on my right is James’ granddad’s policeman helmet.SHOW REELA moment captured in my living room by Jamie. Dress by Oscar de la Renta.
This one is kinda spooky with her eyes movingWHO’S WATCHING WHO?Cinemagraph by Jamie, shot in my apartment last week. 

2 comments: