Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Wasted childhood?

Eleven year old Bulgarian girl, called Kordeza Zhelyazkova went in to labour during her wedding ceremony. It takes time digest those words. 
Her husband and the father of her child is 19 year old Jeliazko Dimitrov. Kordeza was still wearing her white wedding gown, when she arrived in hospital. She gave birth to girl who weighted healthy 5.5lb, Kordeza called her daughter Violeta.
The eleven year old is the youngest reported mother in Europe, but many believe there could be younger ones in third world countries going unreported. To an interview to the New of the World the youngster said 'It feels strange to be a mum and have a baby. I used to play with my toys but now she is my new toy. She is so beautiful, I love her. Violeta is the child and I must grow up. I am not going back to school, I am a mother now.'
Her nineteen year old husband faces up to six years in jail for having sex with a minor. Jeliazko meet Kordeza after he rescued her from bullies in the playground. He said '''I was walking past the school when I saw some boys mocking her and I told them to leave her alone. Then she arranged to meet me and asked me out on our first date. I thought she was 15. She didn't tell me she was 11''
Their daughter was conceived within a week of their meeting.

3 comments:

  1. That is wrong, what the hell isn't Bulgaria part of EU and how did 11 year olds get pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was eleven year old allowed to marry? this is disgrace she is child for god sake and she is getting married and having child the world has gone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF u serious she is eleven she doesn't look 11 you sure and they allowed her to get married WTF still

    ReplyDelete